The role will be based at The Suit Direct Stadium, Hartlepool. The successful candidate will be the first point of contact for all customers. Offering a warm welcome and a high level of organisation are vital in this role, with the Ticket Office and Club Shop being key to our fan engagement as well as important revenue streams for the club.
The successful candidate will manage the ticketing operation effectively, ensuring the organised, efficient and successful sale and distribution of match tickets including home and away games and season tickets. The successful candidate will also lead the retail operation, delivering a modern and profitable retail offering which sells a range of merchandise both online and in store.
Main Purpose of the role
To deliver high-quality customer service to our supporters and visitors and manage all ticketing and retail operations.
- Ensure coordination of self and team to process enquiries, providing best value options to customers while maximising sales opportunities, to all web based, email and phone enquiries accurately and provide outstanding customer service.
- Be responsible for sales of all match tickets for home and away fixtures, and have a central input into plans for season ticket sales.
- Manage the allocation, processing and production of tickets.
- Ensure ground seating plan is up to date and reflects tickets available for sale, and liaise with the necessary contacts to make any changes.
- Manage a busy Ticket Office on matchdays, including part-time/casual ticket office staff and turnstile operators. Ensure all turnstile and access points to the ground are in good working order and set up to work effectively.
- Monitor matchday ticketing information and ensure ticket categories are being used correctly by all fans, making any necessary changes to processes if needs be.
- At all times be an ambassador for the club, building strong relationships with supporters.
- Develop strong working relationships with key members of the ticketing system and IT support providers.
- Record accurately all customer profile and booking information making full use of the appropriate systems.
- Maintain and build a clean CRM and ticketing database system, ensuring all data is GDPR compliant, stored securely and is available for marketing purposes.
- Co-ordinate marketing and communications to fans with regards to ticketing.
- Ensure the secure collection and accounting of revenue whilst providing timely reconciliation, liaising with the Accounts department.
- Review the ticketing section of the website on a weekly basis and ensure necessary updates and changes are made in a timely manner.
- Be an effective point of contact for all enquires coming into the club.
- Highlight development needs at the earliest opportunity in order to ensure appropriate skill sets at all times and undertake training and development identified as required in reviews and appraisals.
- Attend internal meetings as required and prepare all necessary information and follow up.
- Provide accurate and prompt reports as requested.
- Maintain excellent product knowledge at all times.
- Manage and develop an efficient and profitable retail operation, growing sales income and profitability.
- Monitor and manage all retail stock and merchandise and undertake regular stock takes.
- Deliver exceptional levels of customer service and operate in a friendly, professional and welcoming manner.
- Cash up till and reconcile finances daily.
- Maintain a clean, tidy and attractive Club Shop and ensure visual merchandising is attractive.
- Ensure all stock is priced correctly, taking into account costs and profit margins.
- Demonstrate product knowledge and selling skills to find suitable items that match customer’s needs.
- Manage all sourcing and orders of stock and negotiate costs, quantities and lead times with a range of suppliers.
- Report on sales targets and performance against KPI’s on a weekly / monthly basis.
- Ensure customer data is collected and recorded within the CRM/retail system.
- Ensure all stock is available within the Online Store and that product descriptions, prices and stock are listed accurately. Ensure the club shop website is constantly updated and accurate.
- Obtain quality stock images for use online.
- Organise the postage and packaging or click and collect of all online sales.
- Provide suitable content for regular marketing campaigns, especially around key times of the year such as kit launch, start of season, Christmas etc.
- Contribute creative ideas to improve the profitability of the Club Shop.
- Liaise with media department and external providers to ensure effective marketing of the club shop, including effective social media and e-mail marketing campaigns.
- Train employees in sales, stock management, inventory, customer service, cashier and other relevant skills
- Scheduling employees to fit the needs of the business, considering budget and workload.
- Deal with complaints from customers promptly and efficiently to maintain the club’s reputation.
- Be responsible for opening and closing the club shop and the security of the shop and of all stock.
How to apply
Applicants must email their CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date is Friday 25th February.
Competitive, depending on experience.
Hartlepool United Football Club are committed to our Safeguarding and Welfare policies, therefore the successful applicant will be required to undertake an Enhanced Disclosure & Barring Service (formerly CRB) check and are required to declare any convictions, cautions, reprimands and final warnings that are not ‘protected’ as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders (Exemptions) Act 1975. The successful applicant will also be required to comply with the Clubs Mascot Code of Conduct.