The National League has received communication from The
Football Association in connection to the government's response to the
In light of the government's campaign, and as a
precaution, pre-match 'fair play' handshakes between players and matchofficials will not take place in The National League until further notice.
Similarly, customary handshakes between captains andmatch officials ahead of kick-off will not be required.
As you will no doubt already be aware there is currentlya public information campaign, which advises people to:
- Wash your hands with soap and water often – do this for at least 20 seconds
- Always wash your hands when you get home or into work
- Use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
- Put used tissues in the bin straight away and wash your hands afterwards
- Try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- Not to touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
All Clubs and supporters are encouraged to stay up to date on the government's latest advice on how to avoid catching or spreading the virus, which is available by clicking here.