We are currently in the fifth of our six week Premier League Primary Stars project with Rift House Primary School and to reward the children for their hard work the Club arranged for a special visitor to call into their PE lesson this week - Michael Raynes!
The aim of the session was to work on the children's running and jumping, so of course the obvious answer was to turn it into a game of pirates! The class was separated into two teams who had to work together to steal the other team's treasure.
Michael is a keen advocate for the community arm of the Club and has volunteered his services on a regular basis so we are sure you will see a lot more of him in the future in schools across the town.
Premier League Primary Stars is available to every primary school in England and Wales. It aims to inspire girls and boys aged 5-11 in the classroom, the playground and on the sports field.
As an education programme, it enthuses young learners by connecting learning to the real world of sport. PL Primary Stars covers everything from supporting high-quality physical education (PE) and sport in school to engaging learners in English and maths, and tacking challenging topics within the personal, social, health and economic education (PSHE) curriculum.
- Enhance the knowledge, skills and confidence of teachers in order to improve the delivery of PE and school sport
- needed to achieve their goals.
- Enhance children's interest, understanding and confidence in English and maths
- Support young people into further participation pathways in sport
It is thanks to the backing of The Premier League Charitable Trust and The National League Trust that we are able to deliver this project for a third successive year and are signed up with five schools for 2019/20.
The core values of the project are:
- Be Ambitious – work hard and never give up on their goals
- Be Inspiring – set a great example to others
- Be Connected – work well with others in a team
- Be Fair – treat people equally and think of others
[vc_single_image image="10859" img_size="large" alignment="center"][vc_single_image image="10859" img_size="large" alignment="center"]