Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Match Reports

Match report: Pools come from behind twice to take a point

16 March 2021

Match Reports

Match report: Pools come from behind twice to take a point

16 March 2021

Pools came from behind twice at King's Lynn as it finished 2-2 at The Walks Stadium.

The first two big chances both fell to Pools and both to Luke Molyneux. Two crosses were headed over by the forward as Pools looked to start fast.

Against the run of play, the first goal of the game came after 16 minutes for the hosts. One long ball forward found Mitchell who was able to lift the ball over Killip and put King's Lynn 1-0 up.

Pools continued to dominate possession and on 28 minutes Ferguson found himself in the box as the ball fell onto his right foot but his effort was high and wide.

Just two minutes later Armstrong picked the ball up from deep, drove into the box and his low strike was well held by the debutant Richardson.

37 minutes in and Pools were level! Ferguson delivered the ball into the box and around a swarm of bodies, Armstrong was able to bundle the ball home to level the game and get his third goal of the season against the Linnets.

However, Pools were not able to keep a hold of that lead long. Two minutes before half time. One ball through found Carey who's shot looked to go wide, only for Gyasi to get on the end of it and smash it in the net. The sides went into the break with the hosts leading 2-1.

Pools started the second half with a change as Oates came on for Cooper. Oates certainly was lively since his entrance with good interplay with Ferguson down the left hand side.

50 minutes in and Pools had a great chance to be level. Oates pulled the ball back to the edge of the box and Sterry was there waiting but his effort was wide.

Rhys Oates was finally rewarded for all his good work when on 65 minutes he found the equaliser. Nicky Featherstone delivered the corner to find the head of Oates making the game 2-2.

Five minutes later Pools should have been ahead. Another set piece as Featherstone found the head of Johnson but his effort was just wide.

Pools pushed the last fifteen minutes to find a equaliser but depsite close- range efforts from Holohan and Liddle right at the death, the hosts were able to hold on for a point.

Pools are back at The Vic this Saturday as they take on Woking FC.

SUBS: Oates for Cooper, Holohan for Shelton, Williams for Molyneux

Advertisement block