On Monday Nicky Featherstone, Scott Loach and Gavan Holohan attended HUCSF’s Premier League Primary Stars session at Rift House Primary School with pupils from Year 3.
The Pools trio got involved in the session, playing stuck in the mud and halfway handball before joining the group for some photos.
Premier League Primary Stars is supported by The Premier League Charitable Fund and The National League Trust.
During this school year Hartlepool United Community Sports Foundation have worked with 8 primary schools in Hartlepool and the surrounding area working on teaching the children four core values:
Be ambitious – work hard and never give up on their goals
Be inspiring – set a great example to others
Be connected – work well with others in a team
Be fair – treat people equally and think of others
The objectives of the scheme are:
- Enhance the knowledge, skills and confidence of teachers in order to improve delivery of PE and school sport
- Increase children’s enjoyment, participation and skills in competitive and non-competitive sports and physical activity
- Increase children’s understanding of personal skills and values needed to achieve their goals
- Enhance children’s interest, understanding and confidence in English and maths
- Support young people into further participation pathways in sport
HUCSF would like to thank Nicky, Scott and Gavan for joining them for the session, the children loved having them come along.