40 mascots…20 children…3 judges…3 goal celebrations...1 super-charged dance…
As part of the Super Movers campaign that inspires primary school children to get active, Hartlepool United Community Sports Foundation have an exciting opportunity for schools nationwide to be part of something special.
On 20 March over 40 football mascots will line up alongside a selected school on The One Show for a sight never been seen before on the BBC - ‘The Super Movers Mascot Mashup’ goal celebration dance.
As we all know, H’Angus is never one to shy away from a challenge (or the camera!) so he has been practising his moves ready for his trip to the big smoke.
On Wednesday he visited Brougham Primary School to tell them all about the competition and how they can get involved as well as show off his flossing and ‘the worm’.
Your school could help inspire this dance routine. The goal celebration dances will be selected by our Super Movers selection panel. The three selected routines will be turned into a super-charged dance by a team of top choreographers and performed by lots of mascots live on TV.
Here’s how you can get involved:
- Starting today, get your class to come up with a 10-15 second goal celebration dance. This could be inspired by their favourite football team or player.
- Film the goal celebration dance on a teacher's phone.
- Get your school to upload the 10-15 second goal celebration to their social media account. Make sure you make your post public.
- Teachers, remember to: Include #supermovers and tag @PLCommunities @BBC_Teach#
- Suggested social media post: Here are our #SuperMovers for the Mascot Mashup @BBCTeach @PLCommunities
- Entries close before midnight 11th March 2019. Submissions after this time will not be considered by the selection panel.
- If your school’s entry is one of the celebrations chosen to be part of the final routine, you will be contacted by production company, Snappin’ Turtle.
- Your school class may be asked to participate in the final performance on 20th March at New Broadcasting House in London, home of the BBC.