Following the launch of our sensory packs we are delighted to have been approached by Hartlepool company Orangebox Training Solutions Ltd who are able to offer a free Understanding Autism Level 2 qualification, delivered by The Learning Curve Group.
The Understanding Autism qualification develops knowledge and awareness of autism, a spectrum condition that affects how a person communicates with others and how they interpret the world around them.
The course covers topics such as:
- Learn how individuals with autism process sensory information
- Understand the characteristics that may be present in individuals with autism
- Understand the conditions that commonly occur with autism
- Learn the common misconceptions surrounding autism
- Learn how speech, language and communication may differ in people with autism
- Recognise how legislation and guidance underpins support
This is a fully accredited course and would be ideal for parents, teachers, teaching assistants or anyone who works with or engages with children or adults with autism and would like a better understanding.
Study is completed via distance learning following an induction which will take approximately 90 minutes. This induction will take place at Hartlepool United FC on Tuesday, 30th July at 6pm.
The only eligibility criteria is:
- Learners must be aged 19 years or over (born before 1 September 1998)
- All learners must have been residing in the UK for the past three years and non EU/UK citizens must have documentary proof
To book a place on the course contact Sarah on firstname.lastname@example.org by 23rd July 2019.