Take a look at our statistical breakdown of 2018/19 with a full analysis of the past campaign.
National League: 46
FA Cup: 3
FA Trophy: 2
- Scott Loach made the most appearances during 2018/19, playing every minute of all 51 games in all competitions.
- Luke James was the highest appearance-maker of the outfield players, starting in 44 games and coming off the bench in another six.
- Ryan Donaldson started in all but three of the 51 games.
- Josh Hawkes made more substitute appearances (15) than any other player; Marcus Dinanga came close, coming off the bench 14 times during his loan spell at the Club.
Scott Loach: 51
Luke James: 50
Ryan Donaldson: 48
Nicky Featherstone: 48
Mark Kitching: 45
Liam Noble: 45
Peter Kioso: 41
Niko Muir: 39
Myles Anderson: 39
Carl Magnay: 34
- Pools scored 62 goals in all competitions during 2018/19.
- Liam Noble finished as top scorer with 13 goals.
- Josh Hawkes enjoyed the best scoring season of his career, hitting the net 9 times.
- Nicke Kabamba scored five goals in his first four games for the Club – only two other players have scored as many (Jimmy Sloan in 1946 and Albert Pape in 1929).
Liam Noble: 13
Josh Hawkes: 9
Nicke Kabamba: 7
- 39 of our 62 goals were scored with a player’s right foot
- We scored almost as many headers (10) as we did left-footed goals (13).
- 53 of our 62 goals were scored from inside the penalty area.
- The 13 penalties scored levelled a Club record set in the 1985/86 season.
- In total we had 16 penalties but missed three of them.
- We scored seven goals from set-pieces during the course of the season.
- None of our goals during the season were own goals.
Direct Free-Kicks: 1
- We scored almost double the amount of goals in the second half of games (40) as we did in the first half (22) during 2018/19.
- Our most prolific period was the first 15 minutes after half-time – we scored 16 goals in that timeframe during the campaign.
- We scored only 7 first half goals from 1st January until the end of the season.
- Pools conceded 68 games during the 2018/19 season.
- 44 of those goals were scored with a right-footed shot.
- We let in 60 of the 68 goals from inside the penalty area.
- We conceded from four penalties.
- We conceded seven goals from corners – three of these came in the same game at Eastleigh in March.
- In total, we conceded from 11 set-pieces.
- We scored three own goals.
Direct Free-Kicks: 1
Own goals: 3
- We were most vulnerable to conceding in the last 15 minutes of games, letting in 18 during this period throughout 2018/19.
- Our strongest period was just after half-time – we conceded just seven goals between 46 and 60 during the season.
- 14 of the first 17 goals we conceded this season came in the second half of games.
- However, we conceded only seven second half goals in our last 15 fixtures.
- Luke James created more goals than any other Pools players this season, with 11 assists to his name.
- Of his 11 assists, five were in the form of winning penalties.
Luke James: 11
Liam Noble: 9
Ryan Donaldson: 4
The following landmarks were all reached during the 2018/19 campaign…
- Scott Loach made his 100th consecutive appearance for the Club – completing a record of having played in every minutes of every game during the past two seasons.
- Nicky Featherstone moved past 200 appearances for the Club.
- Luke James moved past 150 appearances for the Club.
- Michael Woods most past 150 appearances for the Club.
- Carl Magnay moved past 100 appearances for the Club.
- Luke James scored his 25th goal for the Club