Many thanks to Hartlepool Armed Forces Liaison Group who have donated £1,000 to HUCSF to enable us to continue our work with veterans in Hartlepool.
Over the past 12 months our Veterans Hub has been funded by the Royal British Legion and this contribution will go some way towards enabling us to carry on the activities we have been running during this project and maintain the friendships made.
The Veterans Hub is held every Monday from 2pm to 4pm in the Victoria Lounge at The Super 6 Stadium. All ex-armed forces personnel are welcome.
The Armed Forces Liaison Group was set up by Hartlepool Borough Council who are committed to helping the armed forces community in Hartlepool.
It was formed to help ex-service men and women, serving officers and their families get the help and support they need from the Ministry of Defence, statutory providers, charities and voluntary sector.
The Liaison Group aims to:
- Improve communication and understanding between agencies
- Identify opportunities for greater synergy between agencies
- Share information about best practice
- Help to co-ordinate action to reduce health inequalities and improve services which impact on health and well-being of the armed forces community
- Raise any other issues of concern