HUCSF are looking for a Sports Development Officer to join their busy team of coaches.
Casual Coach: up to 20hrs per week (Flexible hours)
Salary £9.00 per hour
Holiday: A pro rata of 28 days holidays per year which includes Bank Holidays
Qualifications: FA Level 2, FA Safeguarding, FA First Aid
To assist Hartlepool United Community Sports Foundation to co-ordinate and implement football and community activities in and around Hartlepool and the surrounding area. Linking in with Football League Trust key themes of Sports, Education, Social Inclusion and Health. Engaging children, youth, adults, disabled people and ethnic minority groups to participate in activities helping to promote the community cohesion and community spirit. Complying with the FA Code of Conduct Qualifications, Child Protection Policy and Criminal Record Bureau criteria.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
To plan, develop and co-ordinate structured sessions and events with a view to engage young people, adults, disabled people and ethnic minority groups in community activities.
Increase football and community participation.
The programme of activity should attempt to meet the needs of the Community and should take into account the following:
- Liaison and communicate between local agencies e.g. Local Authorities, Education Authorities, Hartlepool United, The Sports Council, Training Schemes, Police and football administrative bodies (the Football Association, the Football League, the FA Premier League, the Professional Footballers Association, the Football League Trust and County Football Association)
- Participation in the scheme would be open to all members of the community, irrespective of political belief, nationality, religion, sex, sexual orientation, race or colour.
- Support and build links with schools, youth clubs, volunteers sector and community groups to improve community cohesion.
- To implement and link in with the school’s PE/curriculum criteria with sessions/activities being in classroom settings, halls, sports halls or playing ground/fields.
- Supervise work experience, trainees, apprentices and volunteers and ensure their health and safety through the relevant risk assessments.
- Complete administration, evaluation, monitoring and reports of Hartlepool United Community Sports Foundation activities.
- Support funding applications to develop new projects.
- To comply with the rules and regulations of the National League Trust, English Football League Trust (EFLT) and the Premier League (PL)
- Use football as a focal point for the development of community activities where football is the major activity. Participation and instruction in the game of association football should provide benefit to all the community.
The post will require you to have a full driving license.
The post will require you to have a Criminal Records Bureau check
For more information, please contact: Keith Nobbs, Manager HUCSF
Mobile: 07788 724588 Email: email@example.com
Or complete and return Application Form.