HUCSF are inviting applicants for the following job vacancy.
Job Title: Veterans Co-Ordinator-Older People
Job Vacancy: Part-Time, 20 hours per week
Terms and conditions:
Duration: The initial contract will be for 12 months. After this time the contract may be extended for a further period depending on the availability of additional funding.
Schedule: The HUCSF timetable will be set in liaison with the HUCSF Manager, with the possibility of working more hours/days in one period as necessary and correspondingly less in another. Some flexibility around working hours is desirable and it will be necessary to attend occasional events during the evening or weekends.
Location: Based at Victoria Park in Hartlepool. Other locations in and around the area, as the job requires.
Holiday: A pro rata of 28 days holidays per year which includes Bank Holidays
To support veterans living in the Teesside and County Durham area using sport and Hartlepool United Football Club as an engagement tool. This job role will support veterans who may be socially isolated, vulnerable and lonely and may be living in Care Homes or Supported Accommodation. The purpose of this project is to increase their physical activity which will improve their general health, mental wellbeing and confidence. This role will develop and maintain a thorough understanding of all British Legion services and branch membership activities within the area and work in close cooperation with them to maximise the services and support available to the Armed Forces community.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Identify the needs of veterans and develop appropriate action plans that will support them.
- Provide mentoring support to veterans to enable them to participate in positive activities that will reduce their social isolation.
- Develop and manage progression routes for veterans.
- Maintain and monitor referrals, client records, outputs and outcome processes and procedures within deadlines.
- Organise access to a range of activities, programmes and services, including veteran specific, to meet the needs of veterans.
- Develop relationships with relevant organisations and professionals, to ensure an effective, consistent and holistic approach to meeting the various needs of veterans.
- Provide written and/or oral reports as required to appropriate bodies.
- Attend meetings, conferences or training events as appropriate.
- Such other responsibilities allocated which are appropriate to the grade of the post.
For more information, please contact: Keith Nobbs, Manager HUCSF
Mobile: 07788 724588 or email: email@example.com
Closing date for return of completed application form is 5.00pm Friday 9th February 2018