There is a full-time Physiotherapist role available at the Club to work with players from Under 8s to Under-18s within the Club’s Academy.
The vacancy has become available due to an internal promotion within the Medical Department at the Club.
Start Date: As soon as possible
Salary: (to be discussed at interview, dependant on experience)
Locations: Hartlepool United Training Ground, Durham and Dyke House College, Hartlepool.
The successful candidate will also be required to work at dual sites.
Contract: Full-Time (40+ hours per week)
Report to: Academy Manager/Head of Physio/Club Doctor
• A minimum of a Bachelors Degree in Physiotherapy (please note that Sports Therapists will not be considered)
• Experience of working in professional football
• CSP Registered
• HCPC Registered
• FA Intermediate First Aid for Sport Qualification (IFAS)
• Enhanced DBS Clearance
• Full-Time access to a car
• Full UK Driving License
• Masters Degree in Sports Medicine or equivalent
• Acupuncture Qualification
• AREA Qualification
Roles and Responsibilities
• Lead on all assessment, treatment and rehabilitation of all injuries sustained by the professional players.
• To liaise with the head physio and the club Doctor and other members of the medical team about the treatment and rehabilitation of players.
• To lead on the design and implementation of injury prevention strategies for the professional players, both as a team and individually.
• To lead pitch side first aid cover at all youth team(under 18’s) home and away matches. To also lead pitch side cover for academy home games.
• To be present at medical consultations to assist with case management strategies.
• To be professional at all times both during work hours and outside of work hours in order to maintain the excellent reputation of Hartlepool United.
• To be responsible for the preparation and regular updating of comprehensive medical records for all professional players with whom they have had contact, ensuring that these records remain confidential at all times.
• To undertake training and development courses to update skills and maintain HCPC Registration. The course should be of a nature that will benefit both yourself and Hartlepool United.
• To keep up to date with relevant first aid qualifications.
• To attend, participate and contribute to the regular in-service CPD programmes within the Medical Department.
To apply please send a covering letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
The closing date is Friday 29th September.