Equality & Diversity Statement
At Hartlepool United we actively promote Equality, Diversity and Inclusion in our behaviour, practices and values.
Football is for everyone, it belongs to and should be enjoyed by anyone who wants to participate in it, whether as a supporter, player, member of staff, official or volunteer. Here at Hartlepool United we aim, therefore, to bring all people together in a way that supports positive change and makes people feel valued and improves the lives and inclusive experience of our supporters and the wider community.
As supporters, participants and staff of Hartlepool United, we are one family, and regardless of your background, it is fundamental to our values that everyone should be made to feel welcome as supporters of our Club. We are committed, therefore, to confronting and eradicating any form of discrimination, whether it is of race (including ethnic origin, colour, nationality and national origin), religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital or civil partner status, age, pregnancy or maternity, disability or gender reassignment. (Protected characteristics outlined within the Equality Act 2010).
We ensure that we treat everyone fairly and with respect, and that we provide access and opportunities for all members of the community to enjoy their experience with us. Hartlepool United are proud to represent every part of our diverse community and for those that don’t share these views, we will not compromise our values.
- To create an environment in which individual differences and contributions of all our employees, members of staff, volunteers and supporters are recognised and valued.
- To create an environment that promotes dignity and respect for all. No form of intimation, bullying or harassment will be tolerated, in line with our Anti-bullying and Sexual Harassment policies. Any complaints of bullying and harassment will be treated seriously and reported to the Designated Safeguarding Officer who will progess this.
- To ensure training, development and progression opportunities are available to all. As part of this commitment, all employees/volunteers and apprentices/young people will be given equality of opportunity in respect of; recruitment and training and assessment.
- To promote equality in the workplace, which it believes is good management practice.
- To review the Equality and Diversity Policy annually.
- We will take a strong stance on discriminatory language, abuse, chanting and behaviour of any kind
- We expect our community to behave towards others in a manner consistent with principles of fairness, respect and tolerance.
- We find hateful behaviour based on any form of discrimination wholly unacceptable.
- We at Hartlepool United do not want any supporter that does not accept that or if you behave in a manner that does not meet our values.
In the first Instance:
- We encourage you, If you see or hear racist, sexist, homophobic or other behaviour of hate or division to use any of our reporting mechanisms. Collecting evidence quickly and efficiently allows us the best chance of dealing with these incidents.
- Please report what you see/hear or experience to any of our Matchday Stewards who will contact our Safety Officer and Head of Operations.
- Alternatively, email firstname.lastname@example.org with as much detail as you can.
- Supporters can also contact Kick it Out on 0800 1699414, send an email to email@example.com or contact Kick it Out on social media – Twitter@kickitout or Facebook/kickitout/official.
Our Promise to you:
- All incidents/reports will be thoroughly investigated and any behaviour from an individual or group, which is calculated to divide our supporters and community, or cause trouble.
- We will deal with this appropriately and expediently, which may result in a banning order or ejection from the stadium.
- We will continually review our methods, approach and means of dealing with such behaviour to help prevent further incidents.
- We believe that being inclusive and welcoming is an important part of what will make us successful, and the team that everyone in our community will be proud to support and be associated with.
This policy is fully supported by The Board, Senior Management of the Club and Community Sports Foundation.